viernes, 8 de junio de 2012

Final reflexion first baccalaureatu

A hard year. This is how I would describe this last year of high school in Col·legi Montserrat. We all knew when we start firts Baccalaureate, that this year won't be easy, but we couldn't imagine that more changes would come. The e-portfolio has become a challenge for all os us. We have become more autonomous and we have learnt how to work with computers. In fourth of ESO we worked with them, but this year they have become essential for working. Moddle has been the most important tool, and we have use it mostly every day. All the units where there. We have also use google docs so the teacher can correct and we can see the corrections. In my opinion we have learnt a lot, because we have worked all the aspects that are important in grammar, vocabulary, writing and also we have practiced a lot our speakings, which is going to be the most useful tool if we go abroad. This is what I apreciate most fromt his year. It is difficult to achive speaking english every day in english class, but in my opinion I have done it. Also it has helped us a lot because we have worked in grups. In my case, I would say that my base group have been a very important part of my english academic year. I have done all my units, videos and the audioblogs with them . I think that we have learnt together, and we have helped one each other in the most difficult situations, for exemple when we were really stressed at the begining! What at the begining seemed at chaos, has turned a great experiencie for my academical life. I could never imagine myself doing an e-portfolio like this one. I have to admit that sometimes has been very difficult to combine Units, Portfolio... We have had to work really hard. We spent a lot of time with the portfolio, a time that probabaly some years ago we would spent doing simple exercices. I think that we haven't lost time doing it. We have learnt another way to learn, that in my opinion is much more useful than doing exercices. Now, I know how to express myself better than before because of my learning blog. I have learnt a lot of aspects of english culture and my communicative abilities have improved a lot. I have also learnt how to write all type of compostions, what at the begining of the year seemed very difficult. Experiencies like creating an e-portfolio makes us grow our habilities as students. In our future I think this portfolio will be very useful, I will demonstrate my knowledge on english language with it. I will see the activities that I did when I was younger, and I will compare my level and see how it has increase or decrease. Since I started in Col·legi Montserrat english has become something essential in my education. Even before my parents took me to english schools, because as I do, they think that English is something basic and essential in my life. I have done projects in primary with intel·ligències múltiples, PBL in high school and many many projects like scripts and videos in theatre or create a song. All this activities have made that my level of english increase, and I didn't notice while it was increasing, because is while you are doing this kind of activities when you learn. I have the opinion that doing simple exercices is not enough. When I went abroad for studying english, no one gave me a paper with grammar exercices. I had the challenge to comunicate with foreigner people in other language that is not my native. Thanks to this type of activities that I have done in school before, I was able to do it. The only way to learn, it is obvious that is with grammar, but we have to practice in the best way for learning, that is speaking and writing (what is really going to be useful in our daily life). This year we have given a lot of importance to this two topics, so it is the most positive thing that I will remeber. I would say that portfolio is the climax of all my academic life in Col·legi Montserrat. It is where I demonstrate all my knowledge, and how I apply it in my life. Also I wouldn't like to forget thanking to Anna my teacher. She is the one that trust in us, and that has made this project possible. She has also been a very important in difficult moments, overcoat at the beggining where we didn't know what we were really doing. She has helped and explained the main things, and it has also been very imporant all her experience as teacher. It hasn't been easy, but I have achieve it: doing an e-portfolio and learn english in the way that I like: learning what is going to be useful in my life. See you next year

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario