martes, 5 de junio de 2012

UNIT 5

We have already started the new project of Unit 5 called “TV Influence on society”. I think this Unit is going to be more interesting and entertaining because this is a topic that involves us as well. The TV influences on society is a real fact that affects us in many ways. I consider that TV has good points but also bad points. Nowadays TV offers us information, communication, entertainment…But as well I know that watching TV with excessively is bad for us. Moreover, we have to take into account the bad influences of this trend programs called “Rubbish TV”. They don’t respect human values, vocabulary and the contents are not really what we could call education. This affects especially to children, because they normally learn what they see or hear on TV. Personally I hate this type of programs although I admit I sometimes spend some time watching them if I have nothing else to do. I think this project is going to be interesting, because in groups we are going to try to find solutions, interact and keep conversations about this topic. We have divided in groups (my group is formed by Ester Monsonís, Mata Font and Alex Dàvila). As well we have started some individual “preliminary tasks” and read a text about Rubbish TV just to introduce the project. Now each member of the group is investigating a TV channel to try to find all the problems this channel has. I am the responsible of investigating Disney Channel. I find it very interesting because this is the Channel that is more connected with children. At first I thought I was going to find nothing, but I am wrong. Up to now, my researches have given me unexpected answers. This week we have searched for more information of our channel. It has called my attention the fact of subliminal messages of sexual content appearing in some series of movies of Disney channel witch actually is for children. Why is all this necessary? As well it is shameful the use of some inacceptable words or vocabulary. Well, I am finding more information and evidences than I thought I was going to find. As well at the end of the week we have commented our channel to the rest of the group and we have started to think of a product. Thinking of the message we want to give, we have decided to make a magazine which contains the necessary information to make people aware of this problem of TV. Our objective with this product is to keep parents, educators, children and everyone who’s keen on TV to be confident and safe from all programs and shows. We could say that nowadays, TV is changing and producers produce what makes a lot of money. However we hope that our product makes people conscious of this negative influence and thus reduce the audiences of this rubbish programs. Therefore, producers would have to leave out this kind of programs and produce what people prefer to watch. We shouldn’t forget that the viewers are in charge and if everyone supported this idea, things would change and the protection and education of children would be ensured. What are we going to include in our magazine? This is the question we asked ourselves at the beginning of this week. Now that this week has finished, we have more clear ideas. It is going to include a law which is going to find the problems of TV and the solutions, some interviews, an article of the negative influences of TV, some citizen’s opinions and an advertisement for our social network in which people is going to be able to comment and show their opinion. Actually we have already finished the law and we are starting to create the social network but we are still not sure if we want to create a facebook page or tweeter page. Next Monday we have to give in the project. This week we have finished the interviews and we have written the group article. Just finished! However this weekend we are going to change few things to make it more professional and we are going to finish the visual part. As our product is a magazine, the visual part is very important because it has to call the attention to the public. This is a part that I really like, designing the magazine, choosing the colors, the typography… I have to say that it has been quite difficult for the group to write the article because we have already talked a lot about the same topic in the other article, the individual report, our magazine…so it was like repeating all the time the same. We didn’t know what else to mention to make it different. Finally we have been able to write a great article with the collaboration of the entire group. Finished! This week we have ended our project of Unit 5. On Monday we delivered the individual report and the group article. Today Wednesday I am writing because I am very satisfied of my final work. This morning we have delivered our final product (a magazine) and we have done the oral presentation in front of the class. I must say that I was very nervous and that the text I wrote specifying what to say in the exposition I forgot it. However, I am very happy because I have been able to improvise and explain my part in other words and I think me and my group, we have done quite well. Moreover, I am very surprised because for the moment, the other groups I have seen in the expositions have done very nice and original products. http://es.calameo.com/read/001392828f0b1f311ce0e

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario