martes, 5 de junio de 2012

UNIT 4

I have worked this unit in the same way than the other two that we have done before. Unit 1 I did it alone, Unit 2 and 3 I worked with the same group: Alex Dàvila, Marta Font and Ester Monsonís. For me it is great, because I love working with them because we are great friends and we also know how to concentrate and work hard. Also working with someone makes that work seems easily. We have the opinion that we don’t have to distribute the work because if not we don’t practice everything, so we did all the activities together. It seems difficult because being three we don’t agree at the same things, but in our case this hasn’t meant a difficulty, because we agree in almost everything. I also want to say that working with them has helped me a lot because we always help one each other in the things that we are worst. I would say that we complement one each other and for us it is great! We also have a little bit of fun, we have to admit, while doing the podcast. When we were wrong or we start saying things without sense we start laughing and we couldn’t stop. In my opinion this is the great part of working with them, we concentrate when we have to work, and also we laugh when we can. I have to mention that this unit hasn’t seemed very difficult for us. In grammar we worked with defining and non-defining relative clauses both in oral and written productions , which we have done sometimes. It was just like a revise. We looked for some dfining and non-defining relative clauses activities that were from our level in internet and we start doing them after revising a little bit some aspects as for example when we have to use them. Also we learntg new collocations and new linkers of addition and contrast. In vocabulary we worked with word giving antonyms to words either by means of a prefix or another word, which was also easy. We had to form antonyms from words with prefixes. It is different than in Spanish, because in English we don’t use a preposition between the two words, and the order is changed. But as I have said this topic didn’t mean a difficulty for us. At least the vocabulary part we had to join verbs with the correct expresions, like have a bad day, be excited... Listenings I'm watching Gossip Girl. I'm in the fourth season and every time is more and more interesting. I love watching it! Also I have started watching The Big Bang Theory which is really funny, but as it has a lot of intelligent humor, if i wouldn't have the subtitles, probably I wouldn't understand many of the jokes that are done in the program. I have tried to listent the serie and to not look at the subtitles, but it is difficult because I would say that my eyes go to the spanish translation. Maybe further forward I will try to look the episodes in english with no subtitles, but well it is going to be difficult, but I think I will get used to, as I have done with the subtitles. First of all it was very strange because I used to watch GG in Spanish and when I changed it was difficult, but now I cannot see the serie in Spanish because I hate it! As readings I finish the book that I started at the first Unit which was Oliver Twist. It has two parts, one in Spanish and the other in English. It was a difficult book, although it was adapted to Spaniards. I had one page in Spanish and the other in English, the translation in the right part of the book and the English part in the left. So when I didn't understand something I look at it. As in the listenings, I don't find the readings as difficult as I founded them at the beggining of the term. Also we learnt to write an an against essay, an also explain someone's biography that you have to explain for the very beginnig until now. This Unit I have worked with three more people. The next one, which is the last one, I will work also with them. It has been a very good experience for me to work with different people of the class. I am really proud of the work that we have done, and I am sure that the next Unit will be as this one, or even better! https://docs.google.com/a/cmontserrat.net/document/d/1kOQSQWYTWPZg12ri3qxBdY8Rn-0gmu4v21P6d2PMAuM/edit?pli=1 Cristina Abad

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario